Last month, I talked about the Instagram Algorithm, and how to use it to your advantage when it comes to creating engaging content. I broke down the initial 3 key elements that the algorithm looks at for every post. These elements include interest, recency, and relationship. In this post, I’m focusing on the last element, relationship. The algorithm wants to see how a user has interacted with your content in the past. It’s looking at comments, tagged posts, comments and likes, direct messaging, and searches.
In other words, you want engagement and interaction from your audience to boost your rank with Instagram’s algorithm. Here are my 5 Ways to Create Conversation with your Instagram Stories:
- Ask Open Ended Questions: Using the questions feature, ask your audience an open ended question about an upcoming product, launch, event, etc. This is a fantastic and simple way to do market research with your ideal market.
- Ask for Topic-Specific Questions: With the same feature as above, showcase your expertise by having people submit their biggest questions about a specific topic that you choose. For example, I loved asking people what their biggest questions were about Instagram. Once people started asking questions, I recorded my answers, which led to a ton of direct messages.
- Ask for Opinions or Votes: Using the poll feature on Instagram stories, have people insert their vote for something business related.
- Give Recommendations: Share your favorite podcasts, books, products, WHATEVER. And then ask your audience for their favorite as well.
- Have an Open “Ask Me Anything”: Have people submit questions, and answer them thoughtfully before your story expires to drive more submitted questions.
And to take your Instagram stories to the next level (and have them seen by more of your audience), use my cross promotion method.
Share your new IG posts IN your stories
Use your caption CTA to send audience to your stories
Answer question or cast your vote
Grab survey templates by screenshotting blank ones in my stories highlight
Tag me so I can see your answers!
Want more Instagram strategy? Make sure you sign up for my FREE training below!